If interested, please send a resume detailing your work experience and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to:
German Club Alumni Foundation
711 Southgate Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
You may also e-mail your application materials directly to SearchCommittee@vtgc.net. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be open until filled.
If you have questions regarding the Executive Director position, please feel free and contact Keith Stemple at email@example.com, Scott Guichard at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Colin Wright at email@example.com.
This job description outlines the duties and responsibilities for Executive Director position based at the German Club Manor in Blacksburg, VA. It is not an exhaustive or complete job description. Other requirements and responsibilities may be assigned by the GCAF Board of Directors. The basic responsibilities entail supporting the GCAF Board of Directors in a multi-disciplined approach to effectively execute and manage the GCAF’s goals and objectives, as well as manage the Manor and grounds and serve as a liaison and mentor to the current German Club membership.
While performing the duties, this person will be required to travel on a limited basis, mainly for GCAF board meetings held away from the Blacksburg are (Spring Board Meetings) and possibly other social functions where deemed appropriate.
The overall goal for this position is to ensure the GCAF effectively executes in all aspects of its objectives, duties and functions for the German Club and Alumni.
The broad function of the Executive Director is to provide management, support and execution for the requirements of the GCAF including fiscal responsibilities, facility management, GCAF Board support, Alumni Relations, University Relations, German Club relations, Development support for the Foundation for the Future and fund raising, Communications, and general administrative support. The Executive Director should possess an outgoing and positive personality, proficient skills in the use of information systems and business software, exceptional planning and organizational skills, excellent oral and writing skills, while being detail oriented with a strong personal initiative. All while being a gracious host.
- Fiscal Responsibilities - Prepare and maintain monthly and annual operating budget and accounting records; execute annual fund programs; serve as coordinator for the annual external audit; assist with strategic development efforts; and manage Virginia Tech Foundation endowment accounts.
- Facilities Management - Coordinate maintenance of grounds and entire facility; review facility condition and assist with needs assessments and budgeting; and supervise use of Manor by the German Club and University organizations.
- Board of Directors - Coordinate board and committee meetings as well as prepare materials for meetings; provide support for Foundation officers and committee chairmen; and execute board policies and decisions.
- Alumni Relations - Act as official host to returning alumni and at all Foundation events; provide administrative support for all official Alumni Relations activities and events; and organize and prepare for the 130th Anniversary in 2022. Responsible for organization and execution of football tailgates at the Manor.
- University Relations - Foster a relationship with university faculty and administrators; coordinate university usage of the Manor for events; provide administrative support for the New River Valley Leading Lights program; and facilitate the German Club Foundation Centennial Leadership Award program.
- German Club Relations - Act as liaison between Foundation and Club; embody the pillars of the Ritual as an example to current German Club members; provide consultation and guidance to the German Club as needed; and administer the German Club Alumni Foundation Scholarship program.
- Development –Provide administrative support for ongoing and future fundraising campaigns including the Foundation for the Future campaign; maintain giving records and donor reports; increase donor participation; and assist in the development of donor recognition programs.
- Communications – Primary communication hub for alumni, board members, and active club. Conduct communication tasks to increase engagement with alumni. Provide timely updates on the German Club and German Club Alumni Foundation activities to Alumni. Publish the Forum as well as continue other on-going communication activities.
- Profile - The candidate should possess the following characteristics: outgoing, positive personality; self-motivator; proficient in use of information systems and business software; exceptional planner and organizer; excellent oral and writing skills; detail oriented; strong personal initiative; and gracious host.
- A University Bachelor’s degree from Virginia Tech
- German Club Alumnus in good standing
- Previous general working experience is recommended but not required
- Proficient computer and information skills and the ability to learn new skills quickly