German Club Manor
The Manor is the permanent home of the German Club. It was constructed in 1981 on Southgate Drive in close proximity to the Virginia Tech campus and Lane Stadium. After ten years, in 1991, significant additions were made to the Manor, including the Gordon Ballroom. This room is named in honor of Charles O. Gordon Sr. (1920 – 2004), a founder of the German Club Alumni Foundation, engineer, philanthropist, accomplished businessman and dedicated benefactor who gave much of his time and resources to Virginia Tech and the German Club. Today, the Manor serves as a permanent resource to the German Club and surrounding community alike.